Form 3B+ 3D Printer
What dental and medical device engineers have been waiting for
With a focus on printing models for the dental and healthcare industries, the Formlabs Form 3B+ is ideal for those working with functional, sterilizable and biocompatible materials. Primarily designed for healthcare applications, the versatile Form 3B+ is also suited to low volume commercial production. With hardware and software improvements, the Formlabs Form 3B+ out-classes its predecessor, the Form 3B, by delivering faster results, better consistency and improved part quality. The ability to bring digital commercial production in-house, results in time and cost savings, and the improved print speed means deadlines are easier to meet than ever before. Working around the clock, with minimal supervision, the Form 3B+ boasts finely tuned settings enabling optimized print times.
- 250mW laser power with a resolution of 25 microns delivers precise control, so you can produce repeatable parts with confidence
- Layer thickness is 25-300 microns
- Compatible with the new patented Build Platform 2 with its quick-release technology which frees parts from the print surface instantly.
- Improved print speeds from software improvements enable parts to be printed 20-40% faster than the previous Form 3B model
- New supports can be removed faster leading to better post-processing time and surface finish
- Improved optical clarity on transparent parts with stabilization components for the LPU
- New spacing components result in closer alignment between the LPU and build platform, reducing print times by 5-15 minutes over the first few print layers.
Dental and Medical Service Plans
Choose either our Dental or Medical Service Plan (MPSP). Each plan includes personalized onboarding training, proactive check-ins, and the best phone and email support in the industry. Your business needs a 3D printing solution you can rely on for nonstop production.
You now have a direct line to our Agents to help you one-on-one. Available Monday through Friday, 9 am – 5.30 pm.
Priority Email Support
You’re our priority in email support. Send us an email, and a Certified Dental or Medical Agent will respond as quickly as possible.
Customized Onboarding Training
Join an expert for a 90-minute personalized onboarding training online. This opportunity to receive specialized training will make sure your team gets up and running smoothly.
We’ll check in on your process and equipment diagnostics every six months so you can stay focused on running your business.
Hot-Swap Expedited Printer Replacement
If our team determines your printer needs to be repaired or replaced, we’ll ship you a replacement before receiving your old printer. All you need to do is put the old one in the box and ship it back.
Warranty for the duration of the Plan
Both the Dental and Medical Service Plans extends the one-year warranty included with your printer to the full duration of the chosen plan.
Ideal for Healthcare Applications
Despite its compact footprint, the build tray is large enough to print several surgical instruments at the same time as medical devices, and has a great range of liquid resin types available – as well as the sterilizable and biocompatible resins – the Form 3B+ gives access to the full library of Formlabs SLA materials. Increasingly used for printing medical device prototypes, jigs, fixtures, moulds and end-use parts, this versatile printer is able to produce patient-specific parts, offering the fine details medical and healthcare professionals require to create models for surgical planning as well as visual aids for diagnosis and education.